Important and Helpful Project Links
Notability Project Instructions
(Text Boxes make everything easier)
Open Notability and create a note in your Digital Notebook and title it: EarthKam_ _ _ (_ _ _ is your science #)
- Page 1: Introduction Page
- Create a catchy/interesting title on the top of your page.
- Picture of the International Space Station (ISS) with caption
- Caption must include at least three bulleted important facts about the ISS.
- Your Name and "codeword"
- Page 2: Vocabulary
- Using your two handouts create a Cornell Style "Key Words" list with a Question and Definition of Terms.
- Page 3: Targeting Sheet
- All the information on your targeting sheet must be transferred here. You can easily do this by taking a screen shot of the EarthKam Page directly after your picture request has been accepted or take a photo shot of your Targeting Sheet
Page 4: Compare and Contrast Photos
- Navigate to the EarthKam Web Site:
- Using your Targeting Sheet and Codeword and picture ID search for your picture(s)
- If your Picture is available Copy and paste your picture(s) into your Notability Note page 4.
- Clearly Label your picture with the Longitude and Latitude Numbers. Also label the photograph with a Location Name: Country
- Navigate to www.satsig.net. With your longitude / latitude settings and name of the area of your picture find a satellite image of your picture. Copy and paste the SATSIG photo into page 3 labeling it with area of the world it is located.
- Important: Set the location size at 8
- Pages 5 and 6: Location Investigation
- Create an informational report about the area photographed answering the following questions:
- 1. Compare your photos and discuss similarities and differences. Explain why they are different?
- 2. In what hemisphere is area found?
- 3. What is the elevation of the area?
- 4. What type of biome is it?
- 5. What climate zone is it in?
- 6. What is the name of the country where it is located?
- 7. How would you describe the geographical terrain?
- 8. What is the area's annual rainfall?
- 9. Describe the area's vegetation?
- 10. Describe the human influences in the area?
- What are the Human Population numbers in the surrounding areas?
- Are there any large cities in the area?
- Is the area agricultural, industrial, or not impacted by the human footprint?
- Is the any evidence of pollution?
- Would you ever want to visit this place on Earth?